Friday, December 7, 2007

Friday Evening, 12/08/07

I can tell when it's been too long since my last update. People have read the most recent entry and express their joy in hearing about Nathan's recovery. Unfortunately, things have not been going very well since then. His intestine is still not working as hoped. In addition, he's effectively depleted his vitamins and is in the "hibernation mode" again. They moved him to the ICU this evening for a blood transfusion and will be performing another series of desensitization shots. I know it's very painful for him, but it simply must be done for him to survive. The fact that they're doing this on a Friday night at the hospital, where they routinely "coast" through the weekends, emphasizes the necessity of this procedure. I think the plan is to keep his vitamins and TPN separate to avoid any repeats of the allergic reactions we saw after the last desensitization.

Updates to follow.

1 comment:

Meryl said...

I'm so sorry to hear that things aren't going as expected, I was really hoping that he was well on his way to recovery. If there's anything at all that we can do, please let me know. I'm not working so my schedule is pretty flexible.