Saturday, August 25, 2007

Saturday Morning, 8/25/07

It's hard to believe Nathan has been in the hospital for three weeks. Although his recovery is a week behind where we hoped it would be, we're overjoyed that he's progressing smoothly now. Christa stayed with him all day yesterday and through the evening. She says he looks fantastic now; the swelling in his face is down and he looks just like the "old Nathan". His breathing is doing so well that they removed the mask and he's now breathing completely on his own. The surgical team is very pleased with his current state of recovery.

Jessica (our babysitter) is coming by today to watch over Alyssa so we can both go to visit him. I can't wait to see my little boy. I will probably stay the night with him tonight. The attending told Christa yesterday there's a chance that his sister will be able to visit him on Sunday. This tells me there's a decent chance he'll be moved to a regular room soon! I'm trying not to cry, I'm such a wuss. :)

No comments: